Fri. 13_10 / 20.00 CONCERT TENT
Flip Kowlier inspired by ‘Tussentijd’ (In Parenthesis) by David Jones
Flip Kowlier, the West Flanders word-wizard with his own mellow and uniquely individual style, well-known from ’T Hof Van Commerce, Ertebrekers and his more intimate solo work, has found inspiration in ‘Tussentijd’. This unconventional and highly modern masterpiece, with the almost rap-like verse of the war poet David Jones has been translated for the very first time this year for GoneWest, published in Dutch by the Bezige Bij publishing house. Erwin Mortier, literary curator of GoneWest, wrote the foreword and selected the texts. Once again, Kowlier surprises his public with this unusual collaboration and with a full evening programme packed with new and challenging work.
Tickets and info
Advance sales € 15 + reservation fee / At the door € 20
- combi-ticket Flip Kowlier + Tom Barman: € 30 + reservation fee
- combi-ticket Flip Kowlier + Tom Barman + participation in Silent City: € 25 + reservation fee
- gonewest.ticketshark.be or via the link on www.gonewest.be
Sat. 14_10 / 21.00 CONCERT TENT
The charismatic front man of dEUS, the ever-inventive brain behind the jazz band Taxi Wars or the merciless tormentor of your limbs with his dance act Magnus: Tom Barman is a true creative genius whose talent knows no bounds. For GoneWest, Barman has found new inspiration in the pointless violence of the Battle of Passendale. In his own unique Barmanesque way, he provides us with an evening full of experimentation, with unexpected guests of international standing.
Tickets and info
Advance sales € 20 + reservation fee / At the door € 25
- Tom Barman + participation Silent City: € 15 + reservation fee
- Combi-ticket Flip Kowlier + Tom Barman: € 30 + reservation fee
- Combi-ticket Flip Kowlier + Tom Barman + participation in Silent City: € 25 + reservation fee